Find Articles by Subject | A-Z | By Journal
E-Journal Portal - Physical Science & Mathematics
Links | Subject Guides
Contain Some Downloadable Data
Selected Full Text in Adobe PDF Format
Selected Peer Reviewed articles
U.S. Government Site
Tips on searching
|Full length journal, magazine and newspaper articles can be found in our online article collections.
If a book or article cannot be found in PVAMU's resources, it can usually be borrowed from another library.
Fill out the Interlibrary Loan form, and please note that it may take several weeks to receive the item.
Mathematics articles may be found through Databases Math Review or MathSciNet (http://www.ams.org/mathscinet/).
Use the Online Catalog (http://voyager-pv.tamu.edu/) to locate books in the library. You might want to start with general subject terms such as:
Most of the books on mathematics that can be checked out are on the third floor in the Q section.
|Print Reference Resources
- Collins Web-linked dictionary of mathematics. - QA5 .B626 2006
- Concise Oxford dictionary of mathematics - QA5 .C53 2005
- CRC Concise Encyclopedia of Mathematics - QA5 .W45 1999
- Mathematics Dictionary and Handbook - QA5 .N48 1995
- Table of Integrals, Series, and Products - QA55 .G6613 1994
- Advanced Mathematics and Mechanics Applications Using MATLAB - TA345 .W55 1997
- How to prepare for the TAKS : Texas assessment of knowledge and skills high school math exit exam - QA43 .E64 2004
- 100 math tips for the SAT and how to master them now - LB2353.57 .G85 2002
- Encyclopedia of mathematics education - QA 11 E665 2001
|Selected Print Mathematics Journals
Advances in mathematics
American journal of mathematics
Annals of mathematics
Journal for research in mathematics education
Journal of applied mathematics and mechanics
- Algebasics (http://http://www.algebasics.com) - easy-to-use tutorial in secondary level algebra.
- American Mathematical Society (http://e-math.ams.org/) - The American Mathematical Society promotes mathematical research and its uses, strengthen mathematical education, and foster awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and to everyday life.
- Applications and Applied Mathematics (http://www.pvamu.edu/pages/398.asp) - online journal published at PV Department of Mathematics.
- Centre For Innovation in Mathematics Teaching (http://www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/) - The centre is a focus for research and curriculum development in Mathematics teaching and learning, with the aim of unifying and enhancing mathematical progress in schools and colleges.
- K-6 Math Playground (http://www.mathplayground.com/) - Math Playground is an action packed site for students in grades K to 6. Practice your math skills, play a logic game
- Math Forum (http://mathforum.org/) - Online resource for improving math learning, teaching, and communication. This is a great Mathematics Website but the access is not free.
- Math Treasure Trove (Eric Weisstein) (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/) - An extensive mathematics Web resource from Wolfram Research.
- Mathematics Virtual Library (http://www.math.fsu.edu/Virtual/) This collection of Mathematics-related resources is maintained by the Florida State University Department of Mathematics.
- Mathematical Association of America (http://www.maa.org/) - The Mathematical Association of America is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
- Metamath proof explorer (http://us.metamath.org/mpegif/mmset.html): This Website contains more than 5,000 computer-verified formal proofs, definitions, and axioms in logic and set theory.
- SOS Math (http://www.sosmath.com/) - Resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations.
- Teacher Source. Math / PBS (http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/math.htm) - Math lesson plans and Vassa from K-12.
- Yahoo! Mathematics (http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Mathematics/) - A directory of mathematics site listings on the World Wide Web.
- World of Math Online (http://www.math.com/) - This Website targets students, parents, teachers, and whoever is interested in learning math. industry, chemical literature, organizations, topics and other chemistry related information.)
|Internet Search Engines