Materials Processing & Testing
"FAST" Materials Center
Dr. Paul Biney: TEL: (936) 261-9950, Email: email@example.com
Research Interest: Thermal Science, Energy study, Composite Materials
Dr. Jianren Zhou: TEL: (936) 261-9960, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interest: Microelectronics, thin films, electronic materials, manufacturing processes, materials composites, ceramics, polymers refractory alloys, failure analysis.
Materials Research Facilities
1- Microstructural Lab
- Scanning electrical microscope (SEM)
- X-ray diffractometer (XRD)
- Atomic force microscope (AFM)
- Scanning tunneling microscope (STM)
2 - Polymer/Composite Processing/Fabrication
- Heated platen press
MATERIALS RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- "Effects of hygrothermal cycling on properties of glass/vinyl ester composites", Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2003.
- "Preliminary work on LTM45 composite for space radiation shielding", 10th Annual International Conf. on Composites Engin. (IMME/10), pp.77-78, July, 2003.
- "Study on regolith material for structural and space radiation shielding applications", 34th International SAMPE Tech. Conf., pp. 358-364, Nov., 2002.
- "Observation of changes in the single event upset rate in 4MB SRAM Due to intervening materials in a neutron environment", 6th European Conf. on Radiation and Its Effects on Components and Systems (RADECS 2001), WP-7, France, Sept., 2001.
- "Study of thermal and hygrothermal behaviors of glass fiber/vinyl ester composites", Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, pp. 1619-1629, Vol. 18/No.17, 1999.
- "Short-term aging effects on thermal and mechanical properties of IM7/5250-4 composites", 44th International SAMPE Symposium, pp. 741-747, May, 1999.