Faculty & Staff Email
Changing or resetting your password affects the following accounts: Computer login, Email, wireless and VPN access.
Change or Reset a Password
Requirements of a Strong Password
- Strong passwords are required for all accounts and must be a minimum of 8 characters long
- PVAMU criteria for a Strong Password must contain 3 of the 4 following attributes:
- an upper case letter
- a lowercase letter
- a number
- a special character (example: !, @, #)
- Passwords will expire every 90 days.
Password Caveats (Should Not)
- Passwords should not be a word found in a dictionary (even foreign).
- Passwords should not contain any form of your name or user id. Don't use obvious passwords like "password", "guest", or any form of "Prairie View A&M University".
- Don't use personal information, such as names of family members or pets, your date of birth, social security number, or other similar information as part of a password. Since such information may be public, you should not use it in a password, even in combination with other characters.
- Don't use common words, acronyms; or number patterns (example: aaabbb111&&&).
- Don't use words spelled forwards or backwards, or preceded or followed by a digit.
- Don't share your password with anyone.
Changing or Reset Your Password