Schedule an Appointment
Center for Academic Support
The Writing Center
Course Specific Handouts
How to Become a Tutor
Meet Our Tutors
The Tutoring Schedule
Safely Guiding all Students into Harbours of Success.
The Center for Academic Support's mission is to provide a solid foundation that enables students to become
confident, capable, independent learners. Competent and caring faculty, tutors and staff guide students in
identifying, acquiring, and enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to reach their desired goals,
in a safe and encouraging learning environment.
- Provide tutoring for a variety of courses, as needed, in all academic areas.
- Coordinate with faculty members to provide supplemental and/or structured learning experiences to support classroom instruction.
- Organize study groups to enable students to work together to achieve academic goals.
- Identify potential student peer tutors who may provide tutorial support for courses not currently being
- Identify and implement additional services that may support students' academic success, based on both expressed and demonstrated needs.
This site is maintained by Melissa C. De Witt
Last updated 02/14/13